Travel Photo Diary: City Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India | Facades and Nuances: Travel Photo Diary: City Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Travel Photo Diary: City Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Inside the City Palace

City Palace might have been my favorite site that I visited in Jaipur. Built from 1729 to 1732 by Sawai Jai Singh II it's a fusion of Indian, Rajput, Mughal, and European architecture. It is also still the residence of the royal family so it well maintained and also showcases artifacts from their rule with clothing, the Sabka Niwas ( a room filled with portraits of the Maharajas in one of the royal rooms), and an armory. That is probably why I enjoyed it more there - the history of Jaipur was more tangible. Unfortunately, many of these smaller attractions didn't allow for photography. Thankfully, the surrounding walls and rooms of City Palace made up for it.


This post is the last of the India series and is more of a photo diary since I have covered most of the history surrounding Jaipur. If you want to learn more, you can check out my earlier posts here.

Diwan-I-Khas

View from Diwan-I-Khas

Diwan-I-Khas

View from Diwan-I-Khas




Chandra Mahal

Chandra Mahal

Peacock Gate
Information Sources:

Check out my earlier posts about Humayun's Tomb in New Delhisome of the smaller attractions in Jaipur,  Amber Fort, and Nahargarh and Jaigarh Forts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...