DIY: Easy Spiral Macrame Bracelet | Facades and Nuances: DIY: Easy Spiral Macrame Bracelet

Friday, October 24, 2014

DIY: Easy Spiral Macrame Bracelet





I know, I know. This post is a day late. It was supposed to go up yesterday, but in the midst of Diwali celebrations I didn't get a chance to finish editing my pictures. So Happy Belated Diwali! May good conquer evil!

Today's DIY post is fairly simple and I remember making these all the time when I was younger. Macrame bracelets were my gateway into jewelry making, so it feels nice to make something that I used to make all the time when I was younger. I think this is the third macrame bracelet I have posted on the blog. You can find the other bracelet tutorials here and here!

For this DIY, you will need:

  • Hemp
  • Scissors
  • Clasps
  • Jump rings
  • Glue (optional)
  • Beads (optional)

1. 


Begin by cutting out two pieces of hemp strings a little longer than twice your wrist length. These strings will be the ones you will make the knots with. To make my bracelet interesting, I used two different colors. Your middle strings will the ones you knot over and can be a little shorter. Mine are cream colored. Knot them over the jump ring.

2.


Place the strings you will braid over in the middle. Take the left string and cross it over the middle strings and the right string. Then take the right string and take it under the middle strings and through the hoop the left string made. Pull the left and right strings to make the knot. The left and right strings have changed spots. Now repeat the same exact steps. As you keep making knots, the bracelet will start to make a spiral. 

3.


Of course, there are so many variations to this basic spiral bracelet. I added beads to the middle strings every twelfth knot . You could also add beads to the outer strings.

4.


 Continue the pattern until the desired length and attach a clasp at the end of the bracelet with a knot. Trim off the ends and secure the knot with glue!

I would love to see the different bracelets you guys make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...