DIY: Framed Pressed Flowers | Facades and Nuances: DIY: Framed Pressed Flowers

Thursday, October 9, 2014

DIY: Framed Pressed Flowers



I have a non- jewelry DIY post for you guys today! I would say it's the first non-jewelry DIY post on this blog but I think keychains technically classify as accessories. So, it's my first non-wearable DIY! I saw a lot of pressed flowers a few months ago and gathered some flowers and put them between the pages of a World Atlas. I completely forgot about them until a few weeks ago when I the flowers fell out of the Atlas. And so, this DIY post was created.


For this DIY, you will need:

  • Time
  • A heavy book
  • Fresh flowers
  • Parchment
  • Glue 
  • A Frame
  • Pencil
  • Scissors

1. 


First, make sure your flowers are dry and place them between two sheets of paper inside a heavy book. Some people prefer using newspaper or parchment. Wait at least a week or in my case, a couple of months. 

2.


Take out the glass in your frame, trace it and cut out the tracing.

3.


Lay out how you want your flowers to look..

4.


Flip the flowers over and dot glue on the backs of the flowers.

5.


Lightly press the flowers onto the parchment and allow them to dry.

6.


Place the parchment in the frame and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...