DIY: Two Strand Crossing Beaded Bracelet | Facades and Nuances: DIY: Two Strand Crossing Beaded Bracelet

Monday, March 9, 2015

DIY: Two Strand Crossing Beaded Bracelet




It's been awhile that I have posted a DIY so I thought I would share a bracelet DIY for a bracelet that I have been making for a few years. It's fairly easy but I love how simple and elegant it looks when it's worn!

And I just realized that this is the second time I have used this amethyst as a prop and I should probably invest in some other props.




You will need:

  • Beading wire
  • Large beads
  • Smaller beads
  • Pliers
  • Jump rings
  • A clasp
  • Crimp beads
1.

Cut two pieces of wire that are about 3 to 4 inches longer than the length of your wrist. Thread a crimp bead and a jump ring through both of the wires as shown above. Pass the wires over the jump ring and through the crimp bead at one end of the wires. Secure the crimp bead by pressing down on it with your pliers.

2. 

To make things easier, string on your larger bead first. It's easier to string four pieces of wire through one large bead. Cut off the excess from the smaller wires. Then string on your smaller beads on the two wires. Try to use the smallest beads near the larger beads so they fit more snugly and make that oval shape ( trust me this makes sense when you are making it). Continue making your pattern until you get to the end. Then string a crimp bead and your jump ring as before, pass the strings through the crimp bead and the large bead and secure. Cut off the excess wire, attack your clasp, and you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...