Liebster Award | Facades and Nuances: Liebster Award

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Liebster Award


I am beyond honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow blogger Allison M. Mcintyre! Allison is an incredibly lifestyle blogger so make sure you check out her blog here! For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Award if awarded to newbie bloggers by other bloggers. It's a fantastic way to connect with other bloggers and help blogs get discovered.


Here are the rules:
  1. Mention and thank the blogger that nominated you
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger has asked you
  3. Nominate 11 newbie bloggers for the Liebster Award
  4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees
  5. And most importantly, let them know about their nomination!
The Questions:

1) Who are you? Tell us about yourself!
I am a 20 something blogger who blogs DIY tutorials, travel posts, writing advice and more while balancing a student life. :)

2) What's the story behind your blog? (Why did you start? What's the significance of you blog name?)
The story behind the name is that I like both words (they are so much fun to say!) and also because of the idea that we all present all nuanced facades of ourselves to different people in different situations. My blog is a place where many of my facades/interests culminate and where I can share them.

Initially, I started the blog for fun and then got bored because it was too much work at the time.  I then restarted blogging as a way for me to keep myself accountable and consistently make jewelry. Since then, it has expanded to some of my other interests like reading, writing, and traveling.

3) What is your dream job?
Being a travel writer - preferably for National Geographic. That or empress of the world.

4) Top three places to shop?
Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Forever 21

5) One trend you wish would come back in style?
Berets

6) What is one beauty product you can't live without?
It's a Ten's Leave-in conditioner

7) Three of your current favorite songs and/or artists?
Stromae, Rihanna, Daddy Yankee

8) Three things on your bucket list?
Travel the world, write a book and get it published, learn salsa

9) What is the name of your favorite book?
I have so many favorite books! As a child, I loved the Harry Potter series (still do!) and The Book Thief.  As an"adult", I really enjoyed Americanah, Ceremony, and The House of the Spirits.

10) If you could be BFFs with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
I think being friends with Zoe Saldana would be fun. She has been in so many amazing movies like Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Star Trek.

11) If you were writing a memoir, what would the first paragraph look like?
(This is such a hard question!)
"I have tried many times to keep a diary. It would be filled with witty comments, intelligent musings on life and society, and many quotable sentences. And of course, someone in the future would randomly stumble upon it and I would be able to come back to life for a little bit. I suppose writing a memoir is the same - an attempt at immortality."

My Nominations:









Asianhomie101

Two Scoops

Helloguanster

Here are my questions:


1. Tell us the story behind your blog! What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What are some of your favorite blogs?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What is your favorite color and why?
5. What are three things on your bucket list?
6. Name three of your favorite books.
7. What is your favorite travel destination?
8. What is your least favorite travel destination?
9. What place have you always dreamed of visiting?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11.  If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...