DIY White Crystal Necklace | Facades and Nuances: DIY White Crystal Necklace

Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY White Crystal Necklace



I would like to thank Ayden and Laverne for the lovely pictures once again!

I promised a DIY this week and it's finally here! As I mentioned in the last Perusals of the Week, things just got busy and I didn't have as much time to edit pictures and type a post. But, I am fairly free now, so you should anticipate many more DIYs!

That being said, I think I have a slight obsession with the combination of gold and crystal. I got my third quartz crystal with a gold chain this week after I conveniently forgot about the other two. I am pretty sure that is where my inspiration came from for this DIY.

This DIY can be thought of as four separate parts. The center bead piece, the linked crystals, the beads, and the chain. I am no pro in jewelry-making if you are a beginner, some of the steps in this DIY might be a little confusing so I have provided links to some of my earlier posts for more in-depth steps.

For this DIY, you will need:

  • Pliers
  • Chain
  • Crystal beads
  • Off-white beads
  • Crimp beads
  • Clasp
  • Jump Rings
  • Beading wire

1. 

We will begin with the center bead piece. Cut out a length of wire and secure one side by stringing the crimp bead and then a jump ring. String the end through the crimp bead again and press down to secure. String on your beads and repeat the steps on the other side. If that did not completely make sense, refresh your memory here.

2.





Make the crystal part by cutting six pieces of wire that are large enough for you to make a loop and string on  your bead. The length will vary depending on how large you make your loops as well as the size of your beads. Mine were probably 3 to 4 inches long. Cut out a piece of wire, make a loop on one end, add your bead, and secure it by making another loop on the other side. You should have six overall. Attach three of the crystal links to each other as shown above by using jump rings. 

3.

Using the same method to make the center bead piece, make two beaded pieces using the off-white beads. I used 11 beads for each side.

4.

The last and final step is to cut out a portion of your chain and attach all the components together. My advice is to attach everything else together and then measure out how much chain you want depending on how long you want your necklace. Mine sits right around my collarbone but you can definitely make it longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...